The Genealogy Community never had a home. They’ve been spread out across Ancestry, message boards, Yahoo! Groups, newsletters, mailing lists, and Facebook. There’s never been a home for us. Heritage Connections at Heritage Forensics is meant just for that purpose.
I have written prior about shortcomings of using Facebook for genealogy. It doesn’t work as well as it should. Facebook was not meant to serve genealogists.
However, Heritage Connections is.
There are many familiar features readily available.
- Your own profile with cover photo, profile picture, media albums, and much more.
- Friendships, networking, following and followers, and more
- Groups for special interests or family surnames.
- Forums. Thousands of them to pick from.
- Site-wide full featured search to help find what you need.
More features will be added to Heritage Connections as they are made available.
When you become a member of any of the Heritage Forensics websites, you’re joining a community of people with common interests in genealogy and history.
As a member, you’ll have free access to comment on articles in The Daily Journal, , create topics and replies in the forums, join groups, make new friends, and enjoy the privilege of membership in the expanding Heritage Forensics Network.